If you enjoyed Jen Hewett's Fabric Stamping Kit, we highly recommend her book "Print, Pattern, Sew". It is a wonderful guide to taking your skills to the next level, by block printing your own fabric and then sewing with it. Of course, you could always use your Jen Hewett Fabric Stamps to stamp your own fabric and then sew with it. We won't tell!
Infuse your everyday style with more color, more pattern, and more personality. Printmaker and textile designer Jen Hewett presents her distinctive process for block-printing yards of fabric with garment sewing in mind. Explore the process of designing and printing fabric through step-by-step instruction on carving blocks and printing pattern repeats. Hewett makes creating custom, hand-printed fabric approachable and doable.
Inspired by her California home, Hewett's designs reference the plants and landscape around her through botanical motifs, organic shapes, and a bold graphic quality. Paired with a playful use of color, the pattern designs here offer the perfect place to start with block-printing. Once you've printed your fabric, it's time to sew. With sewing patterns for simple garments and accessories, you'll discover the play between fabric and finished project and work toward building a highly customizable wardrobe. With step-by-step photos, clear instructions, and full-size sewing patterns this is a complete guide to sewing clothes that truly reflect your style and personality.
This book offers:
• Clear how-to instructions for carving motifs from soft blocks, plus 13 designs to get you started
• A guide to printing on fabric and construct repeating patterns
• 13 projects and full-size patterns for garments and accessories for a complete hand-printed wardrobe
- Format: Hardcover, full color
- Dimensions: 9.1 x 1 x 9.9 inches
- Publisher: Roost Books (May 22, 2018)
- Number of Pages: 176 pages
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1611804620
- ISBN-13: 978-1611804621