Create striking etched and painted terracotta clay coasters. No kiln required!
This kit includes all the tools, materials, and patterns you need to sculpt and decorate your air-dry clay. Beginners and advanced crafters alike can create something beautiful using the three levels of design examples developed by Diana.
Each kit makes four 4" round coasters and comes in three color palettes.
- Forest: red, ochre, dark green, cream
- Lake: sky blue, green, yellow, cream
- Prairie: gray blue, orange, butter yellow, cream
- (1) bag terracotta air-dry clay, 2 lbs
- (4) pots acrylic paint
- (8) sheets 100% recycled newsprint
- (1) bottle eco-varnish
- (2) pieces 100% recycled Eco-Fi felt
- (1) bottle craft glue
Foundation materials - reusable with future clay projects:
- (1) piece canvas
- (1) wood rolling dowel
- (2) wood rolling guide sticks
- (1) tape measure
- (1) sheet of compostable plastic
- (1) round cookie cutter
- (1) clay needle etching tool
- (1) sponge
- (2) paintbrushes
- (1) waterproof pen
- (2) pieces 100% recycled chipboard
- (1) set paper etching templates
- (1) set painting stencil templates
- (1) full color instruction booklet, 16 pages
- (1) full-color design examples booklet, featuring 3 levels of patterns by Diana Fayt
- (1) 100% recycled cardboard project tray
- (1) cotton drawstring project bag
This kit was created in partnership with Diana Fayt. Diana Fayt is a modern day scrimshaw artist, whose chosen medium is clay rather than whalebone. Drawing on her background as a ceramist, printmaker, and illustrator her surfaces are alive with strange and extraordinary stories, part folklore, part personal narrative.