Free US shipping on orders $100+. No code needed.

Delightful craft kits and supplies, made in partnership with contemporary artists.

Designed for a rewarding creative experience

Creative endeavors often come with a lot of struggle and frustration. Whether you’re an indie artist sweating over fulfillment and marketing costs or an aspiring maker who can’t find the right supplies to make that thing on Pinterest, Joone is here to make things easier.

Shop now

Together, we Rise & Shine™

We challenge the idea that creativity and business is a zero sum game. Our success is directly tied to that of our artists, partners, and makers through mutually beneficial partnerships.

How we work with artists

Our Community

We actively work to create a diverse, inclusive and equitable community among our makers, artists and partners. 


Joone offers makers a curated collection of craft projects that are delightfully easy to create, letting everyone experience the pride of making something beautiful by hand.

Shop now


Joone offers artists an opportunity to make higher profits off of creative work while letting us handle the busywork.

Learn more


Joone believes in forming mutually beneficial partnerships with vendors, contractors, and suppliers who share our commitment to quality and corporate responsibility.

Contact us

Our Values


We strive to make every experience with Joone a joyful one, so you can refill your well and craft your best life.


We show up to the world honestly, accept feedback openly, and practice stepping outside our comfort zones.


We cultivate a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community where each of us is celebrated for our authentic self.


The golden rule rules here. We’ll offer you the same quality and consideration we want for ourselves.

The Extraordinary

We recognize and elevate greatness, and seek it broadly among the world’s diverse crafting traditions.

Our Story

Joone launched in June (naturally) of 2019 and was co-founded by Whitney Chiu and Lauren Venell. 

Whitney and Lauren met in 2018 through a mutual friend, and quickly realized that they were working to solve the same problem from two different sides.

Whitney's attempts to make the inspirational projects she found on Pinterest and Etsy were often thwarted—instructions were vague, leading to lots of “Pinterest fails”, high quality materials were hard to find, and by the time she was ready to start the project she had lost motivation. The selection and retail experiences at the mass craft & hobby stores were wildly outdated and uninspiring.

As a professional artist and designer, Lauren found that only 5% of her time was being spent on creative work. The other 95% was spent running the rest of her business—marketing, sourcing, fulfillment, bookkeeping, and customer service. She longed for a revenue stream that would pay her to create inspiring projects, without piling on additional operations to support it.

Joone was created as the solution to both of these challenges.

In 2020, Lauren left Joone to start Maydel, a new craft company celebrating the best in craft. Whitney stayed with Joone and now operates the company out of San Francisco, California. 

Shop now

Joone co-founders Lauren and Whitney. Photo by Sarah Deragon.